How to Buy VRA Bonds
Follow these steps to buy bonds:
Step 1 – Establish a securities brokerage account with a Participating Manager
- You must have a securities brokerage account with one of the broker/dealers serving as a Participating Manager in the bond sale. Bonds cannot be purchased directly from VRA. If you do not have an account at one of the Participating Managers, you may open one and purchase bonds during the early order period. (If you have a brokerage account, go to Step 2.)
- Investors are encouraged to begin the new account process well in advance of the sale. Depending on the Participating Managers, internal new account procedures may take some time to process.
- Each firm has its own requirements for opening an account. VRA does not endorse any particular Participating Managers. Additionally, VRA does not guarantee that any one of these firms will open an account for an investor.
Step 2 - Learn about the bonds
- Bonds can only be offered through an Official Statement. Download and read the Preliminary Official Statement to learn about the bonds, including their security, maturity dates, the types of projects they finance and other information you may find important to help you make an informed investment decision. This website is not an offer to sell any bonds.
Step 3 - Place your order
- Contact the Participating Managers with whom you have an account, either online or by phone, to get more information about how to buy bonds during the early order period.