filtered by Program: VPFP
Located on Virginia's Eastern Shore, the County traces its roots back to 1603 when an English expedition landed on the Eastern Shore. In 1634, the Accomac Shire was established as one of the original eight shires of Virginia. The name was changed to Northampton County in 1642 until the Eastern Shore was split into two counties in 1663. The northern section assumed the original Accomac name with the southern area keeping Northampton as its name. The spelling of the County's name was changed in 1942...
Buckingham County was established on May 1st, 1761 from the southeastern portion of Albemarle County lying south of the James River. It was probably named for its namesake, Buckinghamshire, in England. The County is established under Title 15.2 of the Code of Virginia, 1950 and as amended and is subject to the Public Finance Act in Title 15.2 Chapter 26.
Fairfax was formed in 1742 from the northern part of Prince William County. It was named for Thomas Fairfax, 6th Lord Fairfax of Cameron, proprietor of the Northern Neck. The County is authorized to issue debt pursuant to the Public Finance Act and the Constitution of Virginia, Article VII, Section 10.
The Frederick-Winchester Service Authority was created in 1974 by action taken by the City and the County. The Authority is a public body existing under the provisions of the Virginia Water and Waste Authorities Act that is part of the Code of Virginia (1950) as amended.
Fredericksburg was incorporated as an independent city in 1782, after being initially established as a town in 1728. In 1912, the City became one of the first cities in the nation to adopt the Council-Manager form of government, and its current charter was granted in 1942. The City is subject to the Public Finance Act in Title 15.2 Chapter 26 of the Code of Virginia.
The Town was founded in 1754 and chartered by the General Assembly of Virginia in 1788. Front Royal is located in Warren County in Northern Virginia approximately 17 miles south of Winchester and 70 miles west of Washington, DC. The Town covers an area of approximately 9 square miles and the Town has power to issue debt under the Code of Virginia pursuant to Title 15.2, Chapter 26-04 of the Public Finance Act.
The County was formed in 1752 by the General Assembly through an Act that divided Lunenburg into two counties. Later in 1766, Halifax was divided into two counties through an Act of the General Assembly. The County is established under Title 15.2 of the Code of Virginia, 1950 and as amended and is subject to the Public Finance Act in Title 15.2 Chapter 26.
The Commission was formed on June 29, 1999, to effect the merger of the Peninsula Transportation District Commission and the Tidewater Transportation District Commission effective October 1, 1999. The Commission was established in accordance with Chapter 45 of Title 15.2 of the Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, commonly referred to as the Transportation District Act of 1964, and by ordinances as adopted by the governing bodies of its component governments. The Commission provides public transpo...
The City, settled in 1610, is located on the extreme southeasterly tip of the Lower Peninsula of Virginia. The City was incorporated March 30, 1908 and has operated under its present charter since December 16, 1952.
Hanover was established by an act of the Virginia General Assembly in 1720 and was originally part of New Kent County. Hanover is more than 470 square miles in area and is located in the Richmond Regional Planning District Commission (the PDC). The County is established under Title 15.2 of the Code of Virginia, 1950 as amended and has the legal authority to issue debt subject to the Public Finance Act in Title 15.2 Chapter 26.
The Sanitary District was created in October 2009 through the Frederick County Circuit Court pursuant to the Code of Virginia. A referendum passed on November 2, 2010, which allowed Frederick County, on behalf of the Sanitary District, to issue up to $10,000,000 to finance the reconstruction of the Dam spillway.
Lunenburg was founded in 1746. The County is established under Title 15.2 of the Code of Virginia,1950, as amended and is subject to the Public Finance Act in Title 15.2 Chapter 26.
Brunswick, Dinwiddie, and Mecklenburg Counties created the Jail Authority and on April 3, 2008, the counties entered into a Service Agreement with the Jail Authority. The Jail Authority is constituted pursuant to Section 53.1-95.2 et seq. of the Code of Virginia, as amended.
Nelson County was formed in 1807 from Amherst County, and named in the honor of Thomas Nelson Jr., the third governor of Virginia. The County has a total of 471 square miles. It is bordered on the east by the James River and on the west by the Blue Ridge Mountains. The County is subject to the Public Finance Act in Title 15.2 Chapter 26 of the Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended.
The City of Radford, originally known as the Town of Central City was established in 1885 before changing its name in 1890 and was incorporated as a city in 1892. The City is located in Southwestern Virginia and is bordered by Montgomery County to the South and Pulaski County to the North. The City has a population of 17,000 and has a land area of 9.63 square miles.
RMA was created in March 1966 by an Act of the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Virginia for the initial purpose of constructing and operating a toll expressway system to serve the Richmond metropolitan area. In 1973, the Act was amended to authorize the Authority to provide vehicular parking facilities for the Richmond metropolitan area. An additional amendment in 1984 authorized RMA to acquire land, construct, and own a baseball stadium, and to lease such land, stadium, and attendant faci...
Shenandoah County was established in 1772, it was originally named Dunmore County for Virginia Governor, Lord Dunmore. The County was renamed Shenandoah in 1778, named for the Senedos Indian tribe. The County is subject to the Public Finance Act in Title 15.2 Chapter 26 of the Code of Virginia, 1950, as amended.
Stafford was founded in 1664 and was named for Staffordshire, England. It is located 40 miles south of Washington D.C. and 55 miles north of Richmond. The County encompasses 277 square miles and has an estimated population of 137,000. The County is established under Title 15.2 of the Code of Virginia, 1950 and as amended and is subject to the Public Finance Act in Title 15.2 Chapter 26.
Strasburg is located in north-central Shenandoah County at the northern end of the Shenandoah Valley; it was chartered in 1761 and incorporated as a town in 1922. Strasburg is subject to the Public Finance Act in Title 15.2 Chapter 26 of the Code of Virginia.
The Authority was formed by the Council of the City of Roanoke and the Board of Supervisors of the County of Roanoke on July 1, 2004 as a regional water authority to establish and operate water and sewer disposal systems and related facilities. The Authority was chartered in 2004 pursuant to the Virginia Water and Waster Authorities Act, Chapter 51 title 15.2 of the Code of Virginia, 1950 as amended.
The City of Winchester was founded in 1744, and it's the oldest Virginia city west of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The City is located at the northern entrance of the Shenandoah Valley; the City encompasses 9.3 sq. miles and is the medical, industrial, commercial and agricultural center for the surrounding areas. The City has a population of approximately 27,000 with 6,600 single family homes and over 3,500 multi-family dwellings.
Home to historic Yorktown, the County is one of the oldest counties in the US. It was formed in 1634 as one of the eight original shires of the Virginia Colony.