Buchanan, Town of
Planning District: Roanoke Valley-Alleghany Regional Commission
Entity Type: Town
Visit Borrower's Website

The Town of Buchanan was formed in 1811, and named after Col. John Buchanan by a charter of the Virginia House of Burgesses in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The town sits on the banks of the upper James River in Botetourt County, in the Roanoke metro area. From its earliest development Buchanan was the principal crossing of the James River via the "Great Valley Road" and other regional transportation networks.

Home » Portfolio » Borrowers » Buchanan, Town of