Investing in Virginia
On this website, you will learn more about VRA bonds and how to become an investor. Our goal is to make it easier for Virginia residents to invest in Virginia. VRA funds key infrastructure projects throughout the Commonwealth and we are enhancing our outreach to citizens interested in investing in these vital projects. VRA wants to make it simple for individuals to have access to these investments at their initial public offering. In other words, VRA wants to ensure that people on Main Street are able to gain access to bonds routinely traded on Wall Street.
VRA sells its bonds to Virginia first. We routinely offer VRA bonds during early order periods whereby Virginia residents are given first priority in placing orders for bonds. To date, individual investors have supported VRA-sponsored capital financings at an unprecedented rate. By investing in VRA bonds, you are reinvesting in the Commonwealth and making these Virginia-based projects a reality – adding to the quality of life of our communities and the strength of our economy.
VRA supports community investments in the following areas:
- Local Government Buildings
- Public Safety
- Parks & Recreation
- Solid Waste
- Brownfield Remediation & Redevelopment
- Federal Facility Development
- Flood Prevention & Dam Safety
- Land Conservation & Preservation
- Site Acquisition & Development for Economic & Community Development
- Administrative & Operations Systems
- Defective Drywall Correction & Restoration
- Oyster Restoration
Please visit us again soon.